Thursday, October 22, 2009

BOOK REVIEW My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult

I love to read and am always reading a book! I thought I would do my first book review.



If you don't like emotional tear-jerkers, then don't read this book! I finished the book this morning and I am still emotional from it. I love Jodi Picoult because she has a way of drawing you in and she really makes you think. She goes from different characters points of view, so you get more of the story. It is about everyone in the book, not just one person. She helps you build relationships with her characters. The story line is real life, it could actually happen. While you are reading, you are forced to think "What would I do in this situation?", and it is not easy. She writes about the things we like to avoid in life. The hard decisions. The tradgedy.

There was not a day that went by while reading this book that I did not shed a tear. The book was not all sad. There are some good memories that you have to have in order to like the characters. For me, being a mother, this book was so hard thinking about losing one of my children. I cannot imagine, and it is a great fear I have.

This book will definitely surprise you. It did not turn out the way I knew it was going to in my head. Jodi Picoult has a way of doing that. Just when you think you have it all figured out, you are totally wrong.

This was an awesome book! Full of life and love and sadness. I have not seen the movie. I wanted to make sure to read the book first. I am sure the movie will disappoint me, as all book movies do.

Happy reading! If you have read the book, what did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...