Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Girl Burp Cloths

Ok, I know this is not my usual thing...I had a double baby shower to go to last night.  Both women are having girls!  I got the idea from a friend to make burp cloths for them.  It had never crossed my mind to make them something.  I was going to go to the store and get something everyone else had.  I can't believe I was going to do that!  I am creative.  I can make gifts instead of buying.  Handmade is so much better!  More personal.  Here is what I made for them.
I was going to give the burp cloths to them matching, but variety is good!  They have 2 different patterns.
The pattern fabric is cotton and the pink fabric is flannel.  Absorbent and it stays put!

Showing off the back with my labels :)

The whole front and back...

Up close...My sewing is pretty good, isn't it?

Folded and ready to go into the baby gift bag.

Unfortunately, one of the ladies was sick.  She will get her gift next month.  The other lady loved her burp cloths!  She said they were too pretty to use...awwwwww :)  Everyone said they were her "going out" burp cloths.  I guess they were a hit!  Now I want to make some boy ones ;)

1 comment:

  1. I like the modern girly fabric used for these. Sometimes I think to myself that mothers often feel they don't get to be "trendy" so baby accessories like this are a great step in helping them maintain that.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...